Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Soul's Code

Do what ignites your Soul...you're supposed to anyway...

"When you engage in work that taps your talent and fuels your passion - that rises out of a great need in the world that you feel drawn by conscience to meet - therein lies your voice, your calling, your soul's code..." (Stephen R. Covey in, "The 8th Habit")

So, here we are, the "all of us," and there are a whole lot of people who have lost jobs over the last decade and that whole lot of people can be divided into two parts - the ones who seek their own Soul's Code, and those who have chosen to live with and in the loss that in my eyes, is not truly a loss but rather and only another space in life where other, better fitting activities can be - better, more Soul encoded activities, that is.

The Code of the Soul

Whether you believe it or not, what we do for pay is very connected to what is in our Soul, and it shows through the manifestation of things that we can either think befalls our lives and makes our lives what many think of as hell on earth and ends up making us physically ill, or we see the losses as being the measure by which the Soul has finally found what it is that it needs us to do in order for the world to see us as what we are meant as.

Human beings are taught to see losses as a negative thing, but my thinking is that anything, when thought about, has the potential to bring us out of the darkness and squarely in the presence of our very own greatness. It is when we were more willing to keep on doing what it is that we are doing and hoping for different results through the same efforts that we employed that made us experience the sensation of proverbially running around in circles. Human beings are also taught to do things "just in case" (thank you Melody) and that is where we go wrong (and to find out how that happens you should really check out my friend Melody's Deliberate Receiving Blog because she has a blog post about exactly this one thing).

It is in the "just in case" that we are already planting in ourselves the very seeds of doubt that we are trying to dearly not have to deal with anymore. When speaking in terms of making our lives what they are supposed to be we sabotage ourselves when we are not willing to build within ourselves the possibility that what we see with our mind's eyes is totally possible. We do not realize that what we are seeing are the beginnings of what it is that we want in our lives. We are too afraid of what could happen that could make the thing that we want so badly not happen, but what we do not realize is that we have more than only one chance to have that thing and that when we limit ourselves with "just in case" we are not only slowing the reality of the dream being possible, we are planting seed of self-doubt and that is when we have to feel the pinch of things that we want NOT happening the way we need or want them to.

The Code of the Soul is simple - do what you are meant to do. I know, I know...it is hard to think that the thing that you see in your head and in your dreams is actually the thing that you are meant to do. It is hard to pinpoint that much on its own but once it is that you have been able to make sense of the reason why it is that you so badly want to do that one thing, and once it is that you see with your own two eyes the thing that you are meant to see, it all becomes a lot easier to know, and more than that, far easier to believe.

There's that...Belief thing...again...

What are you willing to believe about your self, about your life, about that one thing that you do differently than a whole lot of other people do? What are you willing to tell yourself is the very truth of you, and what are you wanting to see in your own life? These are some of the questions that I ask people who come to me looking for some sort of semblance of the truth of them, and what starts out as their asking me for a way to streamline their lives ends up becoming a coaching session - several, most of the time - that has everything to do with the clients' finding out that while they know they need their day job, it is not what they want to do. So when I ask them why it is that they have not yet found out at least one thing about their own day job that they can see themselves being able to keep doing because of, we also find out that this is something that they have been feeling and thinking for a long, long time and that it was only that moment that they finally realized that the reason they keep hatin' on their day job is because they are not fulfilled through it.

We are taught to believe that it is good to work, and it is, but the onus is that we are taught to work at any job for the most money that we can and that even if we hate the job we are doing the money makes it all worthwhile. This is a big fat lie. This is where the idea that if we are given enough reward that we will do anything, that we can be bought and that as long as the price is right we will do anything at all. This, too, is a lie, and it is a lie because even though I know that I could walk into any strip club here in my area and be hired immediately, and while I know that I could make BANK, I know better that I would never do that sort of work, not because I think that there is anything inherently wrong with it, but because it is just not the thing that I care to do. While the money might be awesome, there still is the thing about if whether or not I like what I am doing.

There is nothing in this world that is more damaging to the Soul than to continue to do things that we do not want to do. If how you roll is that big dollars talk and that the only thing that matters is that you are working, and those big dollars are the reason that you would take such work, then of course that is where you are going to be happy. However, if you are the type who, while you are making those big fat dollars, can daydream the time away about a new thing that you do that is special and specific to you and your ideal of doing what you have to do so that you can continue to do what you like to do, then keep on daydreaming because that thing that you want to do will only be made more grand in the idea that you want to do it so badly that you are willing to do what you have to do in order to get there.

Do what you have to do while also doing what you Love to do

I Love to write. I Love being an effective communicator. I Love being in front of a crowd and speaking to that crowd about the things and activities that make my soul sing. I Love being able to tell those in authority positions that abuse victims need more in the way of protection by the law and I Love networking with people. More than that, I Love helping people learn more about themselves, and I love helping people find the Spirit which resides within them and I Love making sure that those who seek my help learn to develop their own sense of awareness about their own lives and how they fit into it. My entire livelihood is wrapped around bringing people and communities together. This is what I do best and this is what part of my own claim to fame, if you will, has always been about.

Yet, I would not have ever been able to know these things about me if I were not at one time a marketing rep, if I were not an editor, if I were not a staff content writer, if I did not do all the thing that I had to do in order to do things that I love to do. And I would not have known that I really loved the things that I now do if I also did not have those times in my life where I knew that what I was doing at the time was something that I did not want to do with the rest of my own life. I would not have had the example of what was not making me happy, not making my soul joyful, not making me be all that I am today.

If I stayed with the wrong belief that the jobs I had held onto when I held onto them were somehow not meant to teach me about the wrong beliefs I'd held about what it meant to tell people what I "do" for my pay, I would not have known that it takes a lot of patience, and lots of drive, lots of persistence, and most of all, it takes the love within for a certain thing to mean enough for us to want to turn it into what it is meant to be, and only we alone know for sure what anything is meant to be at all.

It is the mission of the Soul that we do what we are meant to do, and each of us knows what we are each meant to do.

So...what are you waiting for...get out there...go do it!!
Your Soul is waiting ...

I Love You All
ROX

Rev. Roxanne K. Cottell is a book author, healer, Spiritual Consultant. She is a public speaker who advocates for victims and survivors of domestic violence and emotional abuse. She is the Co-founder of The Sisterhood of the Soul and the creator of the Na Hula O Ka Wahine 'Ui  healing with hula program. To contact her regarding booking  speaking engagements, to inquire about writing for you or for creative coaching sessions for business, "Corporate Soul Coaching" or for guidance to any of the Fires of Life issues, please contact her via email by clicking here
(c) 2013 Roxanne K. Cottell . All rights reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment